Pages

Friday, April 18, 2008

Bike Fit

I took a power spinning class (more cycling than spinning really...) this winter at Chain Reaction with a bonified cycling instructor, Pierre Perrin. Pierre was great, half motivator, half technician, his spinning classes took the boredom out of riding my trainer in the winter.

Beth and her friend Jody hired Pierre to teach them how to ride their new road bikes a few weeks ago, and that has been going well. He even came out to the first few store rides to help Kelly with her riding.

Last night, I got Pierre to come over for an hour to do my "bike fit" from scratch. It had only been fit when I originally bought it (Feb 2007), and I felt like I was way too upright.

Pierre ended up changing everything - my handlebars, my seat post height, seat angle, and position of the seat and my shoe cleat position. I rode 60km this morning, and the fit seemed great - I felt more aerodynamic and more able to go down in the drops for longer periods. I would recommend Pierre for anyone who wants to improve their skills/fitness etc on the bike

No comments: