Pages

Monday, August 4, 2008

Rehab

I the past few weeks, I've been trying everything possible to recover... herbal supplements, ART, physio, massage (not that kind Murray!), rest etc. I'm determined to ride the whole Tour for Kids. Last Thursday, I got back on my bike for the first time - ok, it was attached to my trainer downstairs, but I was able to do about 30 minutes for very light pedaling. The worst part while in the position is my neck, followed by my back and chest. I still have a lot of pain breathing, but as I exercise, it seems to get a little better.

Saturday, I was able to do 45 minutes on the trainer, with some harder efforts. My legs feel pretty strong, but I'm worried about the endurance dropping off. Before my accident, I was able to do 200km, even 240km without too much effort and with my legs feeling pretty good after. Now, I'm not so sure...

Today, I'm in Kansas City on Business - I plan on going to the gym three times to get some 1 hour rides with more intensity on the reciprocal stationary bikes.

I can't believe the tour is next week...

No comments: